Thursday 30 March 2017

Anyone there...

If anyone is reading this, (hello?), who has followed me over after I closed my Facebook account, then hello - but I get the impression no one bothers anymore!? I'll write this anyway - maybe traffic will pick up in the coming months (yeah, right!).

Been quiet recently, though took trips (non-Urbex) to Exeter, plus the delights of Swindon(!). Soon, very soon in fact, now that the Spring is here, I will be resuming my Urban Exploration, so if ANYONE does EVER visit this page (viewing figures suggest not), then keep your eyes peeled on both here & my Flickr for forthcoming trips to weird & wonderful places like Manchester, Preston, Sheffield, Londinium, north Devon, Wrexham and, hopefully, Glasgow!! These are just a few of the 2017 targets I've got lined up, plus lots of local stuff across Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Bristol, etc.

So, hope to see you soon - please...

11 comments:

  1. I'm Here , eagerly awaiting the new season !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, good to see at least one person is viewing me! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Why don't you have a you tube channel and put up some exploring videos ? I watch quite a few from fairly local people . Better than TV !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Partly cos I don't have a vid camera... It's an idea but I really don't have the time or money, frankly! Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a good series, better than some utter s*%te on at the moment and not much better to come. I pop in here from time to time to see what's happening in the real world.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was my birthday , i had the day off work , it was mild and the ground was dry , so I went to find the old Mill near the banks of the Wye at Piercefield .... couldn't find it anywhere until on the way back up the little valley ... Nice to have seen it and explore the peaceful meadow on the banks . what is the mill called again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, happy birthday! Um, the mill's name - good question! I think it might not have a name, though cos it's by Hamway Meadow (on Longhope Reach), logically it could be Hamway Mill, or Longhope Mill, if it ever had a name.

      Next challenge: to find the flight of steps down the cliffs below the mansion that were described as overgrown 200+ years ago....

      Delete
    2. Thanks ! Yes , i think the steps maybe in the woods to the right hand side of the mansion , the railings with a gate at the top are just about still there , the steps would have gone down from there , but it is very steep and high there and no trace of the actual steps at the top anyway .. they have cleared the vegetation around there exposing some stone walls with alcoves , not sure what they are , unless something to do with the boat boarding parties !

      Delete
    3. Hmm, I wish I'd taken that degree in archaeology now in 2004 after all...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hello 'unknown' - yes, I'm fine, thanks. The blog ain't - I should never have left Facebook, but too late now!!

      Delete